Update: April 3, 2020 – 4:30 p.m.Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort remains committed to your safety and well-being, and we continue to implement protocols as they develop to keep our guests, employees, and our community safe. We are closely following daily developments as they are shared by Florida Governor DeSantis’s office, the Florida Department of Health (DOH), and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as they pertain to COVID-19 and offer the following update:
Florida Governor DeSantis has issued a stay-at-home order for the next 30 days, beginning Thursday April 2nd at midnight. Florida residents may only leave home for essential services. While keeping our employee and community’s health top of mind, only essential personnel will be allowed on property along with our owners and their guests.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is closed to non-residential guests starting Monday, March 23, 2020 and will re-open on May 4, 2020. We will be evaluating this date based on federal and state guidelines, as well as the health and safety of our staff and guests.
- We will not be forcing in-house guests to leave, they have a choice to go or to stay for the balance of their current reservation.
- If they do choose to leave, we will refund their remainder of their stay.
- Sandestin Owners Association's gates and roadways are open with the standard access protocol for owners and their guests, for landscapers, and other contractors needing access.
We ask all remaining in-house guests, guests of owners, and owners to practice social distancing and make the choices that are best for them and their family.
*Our Welcome Center is closed to all residents, guests, and the general public April 2, 2020 through May 2, 2020. Please contact our Guest Service Desk at 850.267.8000 from 9am-5pm Monday- Friday to schedule mail or package pickup. Any owners or friend of owners who need to pick up keys will be given a code to the lock box located at the front of the building.
Cancellation Policy & Booking Flexibly:
Given the flexibility our guests need right now we have implemented the following policies:
****We are automatically cancelling and refunding guests for stays between March 23, 2020 and May 4, 2020. If you would prefer to reschedule, call our reservations desk at 877.398.8457****
- We are waiving cancellation and change fees for existing bookings for stays between March 23, 2020 and May 4, 2020.
- We are not accepting reservations for stays between now and May 4, 2020.
- We are waiving cancellation and change fees for stays after May 4, 2020 should we have to extend the resort closure.
Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances.
For bookings made through an online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) or third party rental company please contact them directly.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
Golf and tennis are considered essential under the newest guidelines, and ours will remain open to allow our community to enjoy fresh air and sunshine safely.
Baytowne/ Raven: Monday- Saturday 7:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Call for tee times and status: 850.267.8155
Burnt Pine: Monday- Saturday 6:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m./ Sunday 6:45 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. Call for tee times and status: 850.267.6500
We have implemented/ continued the below safety measures for our golf courses:
- Requiring mandatory solo riding for every golf cart
- Cups have been turned upside down so golfers can easily retrieve their golf ball without touching the flag stick
- Common areas and restrooms are cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day
Sandestin Tennis Center: Monday-Sunday 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
We have implemented/ continued the below safety measures in our tennis center:
- Requiring mandatory space in-between each court
- Temporarily canceling all clinics and round robins
- Pausing ball and racquet rentals
- Sandestin’s private beach and Baytowne Marina beach
- Beach Club beach, clubhouse, and pool
- All resort pools
- The Sandestin owned retail outlets in the Village of Baytowne Wharf, Island Clothiers, Barefoot Princess, Sandestin Clothing Company, and Coconut Kidz are closed.
- Burnt Pine Clubhouse and fitness center
- Spa Sandestin
- Sandestin Fitness Center
- Dunes Putting Course
- Tram system and on property transportation
- Marina Bar & Grill
We continue to follow protocols as recommended by the CDC:
- Across the resort, we are reinforcing the recommended measures on appropriate hygiene standards.
- Our staff has been trained on the latest safety recommendations, and we have increased the frequency of disinfecting all public areas of the resort with recommended sanitizing products.
- We have installed sanitation stations throughout the public areas of the resort.
- Paying special attention to all our equipment, vehicles, and public areas, we have increased the frequency of and enhanced the techniques used to disinfect our resort.
- We are looking after the health and well-being of our team members, recommending they remain home and consult their healthcare provider if they feel ill. We are also urging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing.
Sandestin will continue to follow the COVID-19 situation closely and will announce a reopening date as it becomes safe to do so.We want everyone who visits Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort to feel confident about their choice in vacations. Our 2,400-acre resort with miles of pristine beaches and bayfront, championship golf, tennis, marina, shopping and The Village of Baytowne Wharf appreciate your support at this time and look forward to your future vacation when the situation has cleared.