June 1st thru December 1st marks hurricane season and the US Mainland and Caribbean has been struck by 2 unprecedented storms, Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma, in the last few weeks with a third that is tracking towards the northeast.
Our hearts go out to those effected in Texas, our fellow Floridians and residents of the Caribbean. We are honored and humbled that you chose us to be your safe haven and we appreciate the kind words about your stay. We are pleased to have given you some comfort and peace of mind during these storms.
During Irma, we had sunny skies for the most part with strong winds, but that did not stop our resilient guests from making the best of a bad situation by going to the beach, riding bikes and experiencing a new part of Florida they had not previously explored. We were happy to help our guests with discounts on accommodations, flexibility in early departures and cancellations and we appreciate the owners of these luxury vacation rentals who made concessions and exceptions by allowing some evacuees to bring their animals into their rentals.
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is fully operational with no damage to our property and welcome all guests to visit and enjoy everything the Emerald Coast and Destin area has to offer. We hope to see everyone who shared this experience with us again under happier circumstances.
In the meantime, we recommend the following tips:
- Stay alert and be prepared.
- Monitor all storms at noaa.gov
- Follow the instructions of your local officials.
- Ensure you maintain a full tank of gas.
- Maintain enough essentials such as bottled water and provision to last at least 5 days per person.
- Get prescriptions filled or refilled to last at least 2 weeks.
- Keep in touch with loved ones and let them know your Hurricane plans.