Have you ever been stressed or just exhausted and someone tells you, 'You should get a massage.' Well... who has time for that when their schedule is already maxed out!? Based on all of the benefits that a massage offers, you SHOULD take some time to get a massage.
People often don't know the benefits of a massage other than it helps you relax. We've reached out to Louise Lara, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort's spa director, to get the facts and see how massage therapy can actually benefit your body and your health.
Benefits of Massage
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Increase joint flexibility
- Improve circulation
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
Getting a massage can be beneficial to your health, and getting one regularly can play a big part in how healthy you'll feel. You may have always thought a massage is just for pampering or to 'treat yourself.' Well those still stand true, but based on the benefits of massage therapy, a massage is so much more.
Interested in learning more about massage therapy? Spa Sandestin is here to help you choose the right type of massage for your needs!